Sunday, January 15, 2006

Baggy Weekend

I had a "baggy" weekend. I've had the past two weeks off work, partly with the aim of getting some work done on my sampler quilt. I did, just about :-) Finally put an outside edge on the Log Cabin block, made a Honey Bee block, which just needs the bees adding, and made a Rolling Stone block. That was this month's class - Baby Blocks, Rolling Stone and Carpenter's Wheel. I started the block in class on Wednesday evening, and finished it on Thursday.

Friday saw the start of the baggy weekend. I spent most of the day making myself a bag for my 18" x 24" cutting board, to make it easier to carry to classes. With pockets for all my rulers. I made it out of plain calico, and embellished it using some of the fancy stitches that my Bernina can do (first time I've tried those out - ooh, fun!)

This weekend was the winter UFO weekend. There were nine of us, including Annie (my teacher), all working on different projects. I finally finished the Sunny Windows tote I started in April. I love the colours, and the contrast with the black. Then I made the X-Bag - I bought the pattern and fabrics in Massachusetts in July.

So now I have a snazzy new handbag and a big bag for toting stuff around in. :-)





The other thing I made this weekend was a cute little pincushion box that Annie showed us at the Cathedral Stars / Sunny Windows class in April. I've made it for my beading colleague.


No comments: