Sunday, February 20, 2005

My very first quilt!

I just spent the weekend at a quilting workshop - no specific theme, just a chance for people to work on projects together.

And this is what I have to show for it:



My very first quilt! It's for my un-godson, who will be two in a week. I have to tie it, and put on the binding, and it's done. I'm thinking of quilting his name into the plain blocks. I'm going to call it Whizzy B - "Whizzy" is the name his Mum gave him while she was still carrying him, because he spent most of his time in the womb whizzing about all over the place. And B is his last initial. I'm really pleased with the bright colours - I wasn't completely sure about them when I bought the fabrics, but it's turned out just how I wanted it. It's funny - there are combinations of colours in it (bright green, orange, dark pink), that I wouldn't normally dream of putting together, but here they work.

No comments: